Thursday, January 21, 2010

Painting Update: Bronzeback, Sorscha and Irusk

After a long run, my uber infantry-mowing 10 point warbeast is finally done (minus the basing, I hate basing!) and ready for action!


Aaand 2 nasty nasty little models, Warcasters for my suddenly huge Khador army!





Friday, January 15, 2010

Update: Khador Red Painting Challenge!

Well, it's been a long time since I've posted on this blog, and a lot has changed since then. I took a break from Skorne to let the ruleset settle, and jumped in the deep end with Khador. I now have more Khardic models than I ever had with Skorne, and am enjoying painting up their industrial looking models. Pics to come soon for that.
As a way to take advantage of my newfound freedom from grad school, I decided to take up a painting challenge started over at Khador Red. Every two weeks, we are to paint a heavy, 2 lights, or a unit. And what better model to enter than the imposing Alpha Titan himself, the
Bronzeback!

Here are some pics of my work so far:

Fully constructed: this model took a lot of putty work, as it comprised two very heavy halves for the main trunk, a rather heavy girdle, and a very heavy head. In hindsight, rubberbands would have saved me some grief in fighting against gravity while the putty cured.










Early base coating. I must admit, I was pretty tired and lacking in patience, so I ended up globbing on all this thick paint instead
of layering up. As a result, I accidentally washed out a lot of detail in the wrinkles of the hide and the red armor. I'm going to have to slow down, and try to use free-handing and selective washing to bring some of that detail back.










Current status of the model, with some more base-coats down, and the beginnings of some blending. I'm having a blast so far!